Saturday, February 14, 2009

Why The Working Network

Why? Because I was laid off at the end of last year and it's been my full-time job to look for work. It's hard. And sometimes lonely.

I have friends who are looking too. And almost every day I hear of another person through a friend or family member that just got laid off and is looking too. It just gets worse.

But I've been told by several people that I should take this time to reevaluate myself, my life and find opportunities where you might not expect.

So, I decided to start this blog. This site is to share my experience of looking for work, finding out more about myself and to share the resources that I have found helpful in hopes it will help someone else. And to let others know - and feel - they're not alone.

I also hope that others will share with me on this blog so that we can all help eachother.

1 comment:

  1. Go to abc7news.com and click on "see it on TV" for local job fairs. A good new station to watch nitely for current employment updates in bay area. pthomson1@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete