Friday, April 10, 2009

7 Social Media Secrets To Get a Job

Another great article by Dan Schawbel, "7 Secrets to Getting Your Next Job Using Social Media."

This one has some new ideas - at least to me - I thought were great. Schawbel not only has helpful ideas, but provides specific steps and examples to help you get started.

Schawbel's 7 secrets are revealed:

  1. Conduct a people search instead of a job search.
  2. Use attraction-based marketing to get job offers.
  3. Be proactive on Twitter.
  4. Capitalize on LinkedIn.
  5. Advertise your brand using AdWords and Facebook social ads.
  6. Construct a video resume and upload it to YouTube.
  7. Subscribe to blogs that have job listings.

I found secrets 5, 6 and 7 most interesting, but I don't think I'm ready for a debut on YouTube quite yet.


If you have other secrets you want to share, please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment